- Formulated with only 3 naturals ingredients -
Organic Shea Butter
Organic Coconut Oil
Soothing dry skin
Clean Ingredients: Butyrospermum parkii butter* (Organic Shea Butter), Cocos nucifera oil* (Organic Coconut Oil), Natural Perfum.
100% Natural Origin
97% Organic Ingredients
What's the difference between Body lotions and (body) butters?
Unlike a lotion, a body butter is water-free
Scientifically speaking, a body balm, butter, or a slave, does not contain as 1st ingredient: AQUA (=water). If it does, you have most probably bought what we call in our everyday life: a cream or a lotion.
A balm or a slave are “anhydrous” formulas or water-free formulas – this means that they don’t contain any water. Also, they will most probably be free from any preservatives. That’s the main difference that distinguishes them from creams and lotions. Because, butter, balms, and salves are only made of oils, butter (like Shea butter), fatty acids, and sometimes naturally derived ingredients to help create a “crystalline network” (stearic acid), the texture, and the benefits for the skin are also different.
Benefits and properties of a (true) Body Butter
- Body butter textures are usually thicker, richer
- Shea butter melt at body temperature.
- Coconut & Shea absorb rapidly into the skin and have good water-binding properties.
- Shea butter is an emollient: It will help treat atopic skin better than a lotion, that would be made of water mainly
- Protect your skin cells from free radicals that can lead to premature aging and dull-looking skin
Effective for sensitive skin, irritated skin, and atopic dermatitis
When shopping for body care products, you'll want to consider the ingredients and skin type.
Shea butter is known to be safe for all skin types. When you apply Shea topically, it will act as a “refatting” agent, restoring lipids and rapidly creating moisture.
This restores the barrier between your skin and the outside environment, holding moisture.
When a product is good for baby, it is good for all the family.